Release Date: 09.30.2011 / Last Update: 02.10.2012
Your September E-blast #2 contains the following information:
1. Texas Giant ERT event at Six Flags Over Texas
2. ACE Day at the Texas State Fair
3. Events in other regions
* - Items initially reported in the "Regional News" section of the www.acesouthcentral.org homepage
1. Texas Giant ERT Event at Six Flags Over Texas
Six Flags Over Texas is hosting a Texas Giant ERT event on Sunday, October 9th from 8PM to 10PM. More details and how to sign up can now be found on the ACE South Central web site. You must RSVP by this coming Wednesday if you would like to attend.
2. ACE Day at The Texas State Fair
Several members have express interest in gathering again at the State Fair. Currently this is planned for the weekend of October 15th. Assistant Regional Rep David Lipnicky is handling this gathering. If you are interested in attending please let him know. More information will be provided shortly. The State Fair started today and runs through October 23rd.
3. Events In Other Regions
To keep updated on events hosted by other regions as well as national ACE events, be sure to visit ACEOnline.org frequently to see all the latest events and updates.
Below is some information on a couple events the Florida region Is hosting during IAAPA
The Florida Region is hosting two events during the upcoming IAAPA Orlando convention which takes place November 15th - 18th. If you are planning to visit IAAPA or would just like to take a trip to Florida (no snow here!). Please join us at either or both events. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate in reaching out to me.
Annual Meet & Greet:
- On Wednesday, November 16th, we will be hosting our annual Meet & Greet at TGI Friday's near Walt Disney World. This event, as in years past, coincides with the IAAPA convention. Whether you are attending IAAPA or not, you are more than welcome to swing by for a visit. As always, there is no cost to attend nor will there be any sort of registration. Your only cost is what you choose to spend on food and drink. The event will start around 7:00 pm in the private dining room. Feel free to drop by anytime after 7:00. Last year nearly 80 ACE members and their guests stopped by. This is not ACE exclusive so feel free to bring your non-ACE friends. We will spend the rest of the evening coercing them to join LOL.
ACE Day at Busch Gardens:
- On Saturday, November 19th, we will be hosting an ACE Day at Busch Gardens Tampa. I have been working with the park for the last few months and we are now ready to share the details of the event. As many of you know, several years ago when Busch Gardens was in the process of being purchased by InBev they no longer offered ERT. Though we were saddened by this, the park was gracious enough to provide event participants with a Quick Queue so that you could enjoy the major attractions without waiting in line. Over the last few years I have continued to beg/plead/sell my soul to get ERT back on the event schedule. Well, I am happy to report that we WILL have ERT during this event. As a matter of fact, we have one full hour of ERT on.....Cheetah Hunt! Registrants of this event will begin the day enjoying early morning rides on Cheetah Hunt. What a great way to start the day. To really make it a fabulous ERT they have committed to a minimum of 4 trains running during our ERT. If you love Cheetah Hunt, or have yet to experience this great addition to Busch Gardens, here is a great opportunity to ride it. You may be thinking "WOW, that really makes this event exciting". But wait, there's more....
- Included in the event price are:
- Complimentary parking for all attendees
- A complimentary 2nd day admission ticket to Busch Gardens (This benefit is exclusively for those that pay the non-passholder rate and is good for a return visit within 7 days)
- All you can eat lunch buffet in the private Gwazi Pavilion
- Cheetah Hunt/Busch Gardens door prizes
- Quick Queues (even though we have ERT our friends at Busch Gardens are still supplying every participant with a Quick Queue, which includes every major attraction, including Cheetah Hunt)
- And saving the best for last - Mark Rose, Senior VP of Design and Engineering for Busch Gardens, has graciously agreed to speak at our luncheon!!! For those of you who don't know, he is the one responsible for all of the great coasters at Busch Gardens. He spoke to our group many years ago and it was amazing to hear him talk about the building of Sheikra. Imagine the stories he will tell about Cheetah Hunt.
- Pricing is $30 for those of you that are ACE members with an annual pass/Fun Card. The price for non-passholders that are ACE members will be $75 (which is still less than a one-day full price ticket to the park). If you would like to bring non-ACE friends/family members the price is $10 more for whichever price point they are eligible for.
- All registrations must be received by October 15th. No late registrations will be accepted. There will be NO on-site registration. The official flyer is posted on the ACE website.